Friday, June 19, 2009

Product Review: LG enV Touch


I got this phone several months ago because my old one (Motorola KRZR K1m) completely bit the dust. It wouldn't even boot up would I can import my contacts. I went to a the Verizon Store to check out my options. I didn't check out any of the phone review sites like I usually do when I'm going to buy a phone, but then again how often does your phone just die. I was debating between two phones- LG Dare, enV 3, and the enV Touch. After talking to the folks there, they said that the Dare's keyboard isn't good for someone that does a ton of texting. So that was off the list. I ended up chosing the enV Touch because it had the QWERTY keypad and the touch screen.



Pros
  • Easy to use. I didn't use the manual. I'm a geek so I thought I figure it out without a manual.
  • MP3 player functionality
  • MicroSDHC (I've got an 8gig of memory)
  • There is a way of pulling contact info from texts automagically if a friend sends another friend's number.
  • There's a function on the phone/camera that it will allow it to take a photo of a business card and import all the contact info.
  • Also it used the microUSB, so I can buy cables and hook it up to the computer to charge. It's the new standard charger that the EU is trying to push to reduce consumer waste.
Cons
  • At first when I was accessing my voicemail, the screen would lock before I could enter my PIN. It took some figuring out that there is a light sensor on the phone that enables the touch screen when it is exposed to light.
All in all it's a good phone. The pics are pretty good. I'm going to be use it as my point & shoot camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment