Sunday, June 3, 2012

currently reading



I'm currently reading


The CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) 2011 Review Manual. I'm taking the exam in a week and I'm just getting around to reading and finishing the book. Now to start taking practice exams. This is either going to go really well or very poorly.




I am also reading Good To Great by Jim Collins. But that's been on back burner for some time. I'm taking everything written in the book with a grain of salt because one of my mentors told me "Good to Great is for wankers".







I recently just finished Made to Stick. I think it's something that all IT people should read especially if they have to engage with stakeholders. I've noticed IT and specifically Security has a hard time justifying what they do and why it's important. 

2 comments:

  1. I read Good To Great as an intern at RLI. You can get most of the value in the first couple chapters. Everything after that is fluff. I don't understand why some people like it so much.

    Thanks for the tip on Made to Stick. I'll have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. Any books you'd recommend?

    ReplyDelete