Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shamrock Shuffle

I ran Shamrock Shuffle last weekend. It wasn't as cold as last year. Also the route was a little different, it didn't take us around lower Wacker Drive. My biggest worry for this race was that I was going to go out too fast being in Corral A. But my biggest problem was in fueling. I had 1/2 a banana an hour before the race so I cramped during the entire race. I should have known that was going to happen. My splits were 7:03, 7:25, 7:23, 7:17. I'm going off of my official splits as opposed to the splits from my Garmin watch. Since we went under bridges, and the Aon Center,  I occasionally lost GPS signal.

I ended up running a 36:28, a PR by over 2 minutes. Not bad considering I didn't run a ton over the winter, especially after going to India.

No comments:

Post a Comment