Sunday, April 11, 2010

Transition to new role

I'm transitioning to a new role within my company. I'm moving from the application development area where I work as a Business Analyst to an IT Risk Management role within the same company. This is the field/career path that I really want to get into; but is very different from what I'm doing currently.

I'm excited but a bit scared. Because I'm a 20 something, and I'll be working with people that have a lot more experience than me and consulting on projects for them. I'm just afraid I won't be taken seriously, I guess that means I will have to work twice as hard to be effective.

My old manager has been very supportive of me making this change, but she's sad to see me leave after coming onto the project about 1 year ago.

My new manager is having me put together my transition plan based off of someone that recently joined the group and the organization and tweak it according to my needs. He also had me read a couple of books: The First 90 Days and Career Warfare. I highly recommend The First 90 Days, though Career Warfare is a much easier read.

No comments:

Post a Comment