Monday, February 28, 2011

HUH training or lack thereof

So yesterday morning I woke up somehow at 3:30 am (before my alarm to do Hustle Up the Hancock, as if I didn't remember how horrible it feels while doing it last year. Then again, I really didn't train. I did a few stair workouts here and there, but I hardly ever worked out and weigh about 10 lbs more. But I did PR by 50 sec!

Here's what it took.
2 months of working 40+ hour days (with less than 6 hours of sleep a night), 6 months of intense studying for certification exams. 2 weeks off of working out for vacation in Seattle. So I trained less than last year.

The night before-
I lazed around and watched episodes from season two of The Fringe. Had Dinner at the bar in my apt complex with beer That's the important part. I somehow got to bed at 9pm, but not without drinking tons of water.

What I'd do next time around-
If I'm still as masochistic as I am now (prob will be) than I'll do HUH again. So I'll do the same thing except do more core training. After I finished, my abs were killing me. It hurt to breathe. The dry stairways don't help. I think that'll cut another minute off my time, maybe more.

No comments:

Post a Comment