Friday, February 4, 2011

I've done finally done it...

I've finally moved out of my folks place and getting settled in my own place. Granted living with my folks wasn't the worst thing in the world, I got along with my parents really well but it has its moments where it was....challenging. Yea that's the right word. Part of my challenge is that I work at the same company as my dad and when I'd do dinner with them (most nights) the topic would inevitably shift towards work. So it never felt like I left work. Neither of us had the discipline to make that topic off limits despite swearing to do so.

But now I'm on my own. The first week or so took some getting used to, especially making sure I got up and got out at a decent hour to make sure I didn't have to fight too much traffic. I find that I need a pretty rigid routine in the morning or I start getting distracted and getting late. Stupid ADD! 

I don't know the area super well, so I'm looking forward to when it warms up so I can take my longer runs to explore the neighborhood. two birds with one stone...

No comments:

Post a Comment